Privacy and Cookies
At Pilot, we are fully committed to protecting your privacy and security, either as a customer or visitor. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, drop us a line at email@example.com
The Data Controller for our services is Fast Fashion (Global) Limited.
How we use your information
Below we detail how we use your information in various ways – depending on the kind of information and our purposes in collecting it.
Your name and contact details
We use your name and contact details:
- to deliver items you have purchased to you – this is required for us to perform our contract with you in fulfilling your order.
- to send you messages by email or SMS including order and dispatch updates – to perform our contract with you so you’re aware of the status of your order.
- to send marketing and product information by email, SMS, or mail about our products and services in order to keep you up to date.
- for fraud detection and prevention - against either you or Pilot.
- showing you Pilot adverts as your browse the web in order to keep you up to date.
- discovering what you like – to tailor our products and services to our customer’s preferences
Your birthday information
We may use your date of birth to send you special information by email, SMS, or post on your birthday – to send you a birthday exclusive offer of gift.
Your payment information
This includes your card’s number and other details such as the CVV code. We partner with a Tier 1 secure payment processor recognized by major card networks such as Visa and Mastercard for this purpose and never hold your card details ourselves.
We use your payment information to:
- to take payments and make refunds - to perform our contract with you.
- detect and prevent fraud against either you or Pilot
Your contact history with us
This is our communications whether by over the phone, email, instant chat, or social media or other means.
We use this information to:
- provide support and customer service - to perform our contract with you and answer your questions about your order
- train our support staff – to continually improve our customer service to you
Purchase history and saved items
We use information on your purchases and what you’ve stored in your bag for later:
- to enable you to buy our products or services- this is required to perform our contract with you.
- to provide customer support and manage returns – this is required to perform our contract with you.
- to discover what you and other customers and visitors like – to tailor our products and services to our customer’s preferences.
- to send you information, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you.
Information about your device (phone, tablet, laptop, PC or other) and how you use our website
We use the information collected when you visit and browse our site, including your IP address and device type and identifiers and optionally, your location and also your general use of our website to:
- improve our website’s functionality and ease-of-use.
- set location-related options for you (such as default currency and language) - to enhance your shopping experience with us.
- protect our website against fraud or other malicious activity against either you or Pilot and to meet legal obligations for managing visitor and customer data.
Your entries to competitions and promotions, surveys
We use your entries to run the competition, promotion or survey. We do this to perform our contract with you so that we can process your entry.
Your personal information is generally required for us to sell our products and services to you - and for you to buy. Your information is all required for us to provide the best shopping experience we can for you.
We anonymise and aggregate personal information and use it for various purposes including research, data analysis, improving our website and developing new products and services. We may use external analytics partner companies to analyse this information on our behalf.
We don’t and won’t sell or rent out any personal data to any third party. This includes your name, address, email, mobile number or payment card information. We strive to act in a trust-worthy manner at all times with customer and visitor data and we see this as a necessary part of operating our business.
Companies we do share data with
We do share your data with the following categories of companies as part of providing our goods and services to you.
These companies are data processors who only use your data as instructed by us, the data controller. When they no longer need your data to undertake the immediate tasks we have asked them to undertake, your details will be deleted by them:
- Partner companies which deal with the fulfilment of your purchases, such as payment service providers, logistics and delivery companies.
- Service providers, such as marketing, advertising and analytics partners and web hosting and email service providers who help us to run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies so we can prevent and detect fraud.
- Payment services run by third parties which you may opt to use to make payment for orders.
Marketing e-mails, SMS’s, mail and other messaging
As a customer or someone else who has given their consent, we may from time to time send marketing messages by email, SMS or post or other messaging channel. This is to make you aware of our latest products, services, promotions and content so you can make informed choices about making purchases with us.
However, at any time, you can choose to stop receiving marketing messages from us via with one of the following methods:
- by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any marketing email from us.
- by contacting our Customer Service team firstname.lastname@example.org
- by writing to us at the address below:
Once we receive such notification that you do not want to receive further marketing messages from us, we will update your profile to prevent you from receiving more.
However, please note that since Pilot involves several connected services, it could take a few working days for all our services and systems to be up to date. In that case you might still receive a few last messages from us while we finish processing your request.
Opting out of marketing messages does not stop other messages essential to us performing our contract such as order notifications or dispatch confirmations.
Seeing adverts for Pilot online
We use online advertising to both attract new customers to our business and also keep existing customers aware of our latest products, services, promotions and content.
As many online businesses do, we target Pilot ads such as website banners and images and other types of ads to you when you visit other websites and apps.
This involves various online marketing networks, ad exchanges and advertising service providers and related technologies like cookies, pixels, advertising tags, web beacons and mobile identifiers. An example of specific service we may use from time to time is Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The ads shown via these advertising technologies will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Pilot (for example, your Pilot search history, products viewed and added to bag and the content you read on Pilot) or on Pilot ads you have clicked on previously.
Your information and countries outside Europe
We use the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses to protect your privacy and your rights.
Keeping your information
We’ll keep your information within our systems as long as you have an account with us or as long as required to provide our services to you, or as long as is necessary to provide support-related marketing analysis only (the latter will be no longer than two years after your last order date).
If required to prevent fraud or other abusive activities, for legal or regulatory purposes, to resolve disputes or enforce terms and conditions we may also keep some of your information as required even after your account has been closed, or is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Your rights relating to your personal information include:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- the right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- the right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- the right to request that we transfer parts of your data either to you or another service provider.
- the right to complain to your data protection regulator – which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have a question, please contact us at email@example.com
We may change our Privacy page from time to time, to reflect changes in how we are process your data.
If we make significant changes this will be clearly stated on our website or other contact method such as email. This is so you can review the changes before you continue with your use of our services.
Cookies and Tracking
(i) Site functionality cookies - these cookies allow the navigation of our site and the use of our features such as “Add to Bag”, displaying recently viewed items etc.
(ii) Site analytics cookies - these cookies allow the measurement and analysis of how visitors and customers use the website. These are used to improve the site’s functionality and the shopping experience.
(iii) Customer preference cookies - when you are visiting or shopping these cookies remember your preferences (such as language and/or location), so we can make your visits and shopping experience as smooth as possible.
(iv) Targeting or advertising cookies - these cookies are used to deliver advertising on other sites such as Google and Facebook which is relevant to you and your interests. They limit the number of times and frequency that you may see an advertisement and help us measure the effectiveness of advertising and marketing.
By using our website, you agree to the placing of all these types of cookies on your device and accessing/ reading them when you visit the website in the future.
Opting Out or Deletion of Cookies
Note that by deleting existing, or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be negatively affected and certain website functions may not perform as intended or expected.
Most browsers are set up by default to accept HTTP cookies. The "Help" menu option on browsers explain how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, and how to disable or clear existing cookies. For more information about HTTP cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
Pilot cannot be responsible for the effectiveness of any such opt-out options.
The effect of a cookies opt-out, if successful, will be to stop targeted advertising, but it will still allow the collection of usage data for certain purposes (e.g., research, analytics and internal Site operation purposes).
How to contact us
We’re here to help.
If you have a question, feedback, would like to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint please contact our Customer Services team
You can contact our privacy team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or if you’d prefer, write to us at: